Blockley Parish lies on upland farm and woodland close to the northern extremity of Cotswold District. It forms part of the boundary between the headwaters of the Rivers Thames and Severn. Significant clay deposits lie between the attractive limestone hills; springs form the main source of the several steeply-falling streams which flow through Blockley, Aston Magna and Draycott villages. By contrast, Paxford village, also within the Parish, lies on more open, level ground drained by the Knee Brook, a tributary of the River Stour.
The human and visual characteristics of Blockley Parish are strongly influenced both by its relatively isolated location in the rural North Cotswolds and by the industrial history of Blockley village, its main centre of population. With a population of about 2000 (in the 2001 census) it is one of the largest parishes in England in terms of area, at about 12 sq miles (30 sq km). The entire Parish lies within the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
STATEMENT OF PERSONS NOMINATED AND NOTICE OF POLL
Election of a Member of Parliament - The Cotswolds Constituency
The following people have been or stand nominated for election as a Member of the UK Parliament for The Cotswolds Constituency. Anyone who no longer stands nominated will be listed, but will have a comment in the right hand column.
CLIFTON-BROWN, Geoffrey Robert
Address in The Cotswolds Constituency - The Conservative Party Candidate
GANT, Andrew John
55 Middle Way, Oxford,OX2 7LE - Liberal Democrats
Robinson Lane, Woodmancote, Cirencester, GL7 7EN - UK Independence Party (UKIP)
HUBAND, Mark Christopher
The Lindens, Brimscombe Hill, Brimscombe, GL5 2QW - Labour Party
POOLE, Sabrina Helen Marie
The Old Dairy, 29 Chesterton Lane, Cirencester, Glos, GL7 1XQ - Green Party
2 The Butts, Cricklade St, Poulton, Glos, GL7 5HY
A POLL WILL BE HELD on Thursday 8 June 2017 between the hours of 7:00 am and 10:00 pm.
NOTICE OF ELECTION
UK Parliamentary Election, Election of a Member of Parliament for The Cotswolds Constituency
1. An Election is to be held for ONE Member of Parliament to serve The Cotswolds Constituency.
2. Nomination papers can be obtained from the Acting Returning Officer, at the offices of Cotswold District Council, Trinity Road, Cirencester, Glos, GL7 1PX, on any working day (excluding bank holidays) Monday to Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. until Wednesday 10 May 2017 and between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Thursday 11 May 2017. The Acting Returning Officer will, at the request of an elector, prepare a nomination paper for signature.
3. Completed nomination papers must be delivered to the Acting Returning Officer at the offices of Cotswold District Council, Trinity Road, Cirencester, Glos, GL7 1PX between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. from Monday 8 May 2017 until Thursday 11 May 2017 inclusive. Completed nomination papers must be delivered by no later than 4 p.m. on Thursday 11 May 2017.
4. The required deposit of £500 may be made either by cash deposit of UK legal tender, or by means of a UK banker’s draft, or by way of the electronic transfer of funds.
5. If the election is contested, the poll will take place on Thursday 8 June 2017.
6. Applications to register to vote at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Council Offices, Trinity Road, Cirencester, Glos, GL7 1PX by 12 midnight on Monday 22 May 2017.
7. Applications for, amendments to, or cancellations of postal votes, and amendments to or cancellations of proxy votes, must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Council Offices, Trinity Road, Cirencester, Glos, GL7 1PX by 5 p.m. on Tuesday 23 May 2017.
8. Applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Council Offices, Trinity Road, Cirencester, Glos, GL7 1PX by 5 p.m. on Wednesday 31 May 2017.
9. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Council Offices, Trinity Road, Cirencester, Glos, GL7 1PX by 5 p.m. on Thursday 8 June 2017. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5 p.m. on Wednesday 31 May 2017; and to apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware after 5 p.m. on Wednesday 31 May 2017, that they cannot go to the polling station in person.
Friday 5 May 2017 Nigel Adams, Acting Returning Officer