Blockley Parish lies on upland farm and woodland close to the northern extremity of Cotswold District. It forms part of the boundary between the headwaters of the Rivers Thames and Severn. Significant clay deposits lie between the attractive limestone hills; springs form the main source of the several steeply-falling streams which flow through Blockley, Aston Magna and Draycott villages. By contrast, Paxford village, also within the Parish, lies on more open, level ground drained by the Knee Brook, a tributary of the River Stour.
The human and visual characteristics of Blockley Parish are strongly influenced both by its relatively isolated location in the rural North Cotswolds and by the industrial history of Blockley village, its main centre of population. With a population of about 2000 (in the 2001 census) it is one of the largest parishes in England in terms of area, at about 12 sq miles (30 sq km). The entire Parish lies within the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
NOTICE OF ELECTION -
Gloucestershire County Council Election of Councillors for the following Divisions
Number of Councillors to be elected:
Bourton-on-the-Water and Northleach -- One
Campden-Vale - One
Cirencester Beeches - One
Cirencester Park - One
Fairford and Lechlade on Thames - One
South Cerney - One
Stow-on-the-Wold - One
Tetbury - One
1. Nomination papers for this election may be obtained from the Deputy Returning Officer at the offices of Cotswold District Council, Trinity Road, Cirencester, Glos, GL7 1PX, on any working day (excluding bank holidays) Monday to Friday between the hours of 9.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. The Deputy Returning Officer will, at the request of an elector, prepare a nomination paper for signature.
2. Completed nomination papers must be delivered by hand to the Deputy Returning Officer at the offices of Cotswold District Council, Trinity Road, Cirencester, Glos, GL7 1PX on any working day (excluding bank holidays) Monday to Friday after the date of this Notice between the hours of 9.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. until Monday 3 April 2017 and between the hours of 9.00 a.m. and 4.00 p.m. on Tuesday 4 April 2017. Completed nomination papers must be delivered by no later than 4.00 p.m. on Tuesday 4 April 2017.
3. If the election is contested, a poll will take place on Thursday 4 May 2017.
4. Applications to register to vote at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Council Offices, Trinity Road, Cirencester, Glos, GL7 1PX by midnight on Thursday 13 April 2017.
5. Applications for, amendments to, or cancellations of postal votes, and amendments to or cancellations of proxy votes, must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Council Offices, Trinity Road, Cirencester, Glos, GL7 1PX by 5.00 p.m. on Tuesday 18 April 2017.
6. Applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Council Offices, Trinity Road, Cirencester, Glos, GL7 1PX by 5.00 p.m. on Tuesday 25 April 2017.
7. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on grounds of physical
incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at
the Council Offices, Trinity Road, Cirencester, Glos, GL7 1PX by 5.00 p.m. on Thursday 4 May 2017. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5.00 p.m. on Tuesday 25 April 2017; and to apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware after 5.00 p.m. on 25 April 2017 that they cannot go to the polling station in person.
Dated: Friday 24 March 2017 Nigel Adams, Deputy Returning Officer
BLOCKLEY PARISH COUNCIL – ANNUAL SPRING CLEAN
Blockley Parish Council is pleased to confirm that, as in previous years, we shall be carrying out our Spring Clean across the Parish. This important community event leaves our villages looking clean and lovely in time for the spring and summer seasons.
The main dates of the Spring Clean are as follows although of course volunteers can undertake this on any dates around this period:
Paxford March 12th
Aston Magna March 31st/April 1st and 2nd
Draycott April 8th and 9th
High Viz jackets, litter pickers, gloves and black bags are being provided by Cotswold District Council and will be distributed as follows:
Paxford Paxford Village Hall
Blockley Bus shelter at the top of Churchill Close
Aston Magna Distributed directly to volunteers
Draycott On the village green 10am on April 8th